Located within the Sullivan County Department of Archives and Tourism, the Archives and History Center is home to hundreds of historic manuscripts, photographs, and family histories, crossing state and county boundaries. It is a welcome surprise to those researching East Tennessee and Southwest Virginia.
The facility is located at 3425 Hwy. 126, Suite 100, in historic downtown Blountville, adjacent to the Sullivan County Courthouse.
This month the Sullivan County Department of Archives and Tourism acknowledged the local Sons of the Confederate Veterans for its book donations to the Research Center, especially Brigade Commander, David Roberts, and Commander Stephen Schneider for their support. Also acknowledged for recent donations were David Tipton, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Rocky Mount and E. G. Moody who contributed a copy of the Bristol Courier, Industrial Supplement 2 October, 1904.
The Sullivan County Historical and Genealogical Society has initiated a special fund solely for preservation of records and archiving. All donations to this fund will be used for preservation of records at the Department of Archives and Tourism. Donations may be mailed to SCHGS (Archives Fund), P.O. Box 568, Blountville, TN 37617.
- Sullivan County Department of Archives and Tourism
- Sullivan County Historical and Genealogical Society
- Sons of the Confederate Veterans, Camp # 1817